Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I'd like to think of it as an experiment...

An experiment is a way to test a hypothesis. A hypothesis is usually stated in "If..., then..." form. Let's pretend that this was my hypothesis:
  • If I wash a Dora the Explorer Pull-up diaper in the washing machine with a full load of clothing, then I will be late for work.
I am happy to report that the experiment was a complete success! Even more importantly, I can state that my hypothesis was totally true. If you would like to replicate this experiment just leave a comment and I can give you the details.

P.S. If you have any clue what such an experiment does to a washing machine, please leave a comment... on second thought, only if the result is, "makes you machine work better."

P.P.S. My next hypothesis to test:
  • If the gel balls from a washed diaper are shaken out of articles of clothing and scooped out of the washing machine drum, then a wash and second rinse will actually clean the clothes.
I'll let you know how that experiment goes.
______________________________

Update: My second test did not go as well as the first. The second hypothesis proved to be false. No matter though! As my friend told me, "There is no progress without experimentation!" Although, I could say, "There are no gel balls with cloth diapers!" Ahhhhhhh, regrets...

No comments:

Post a Comment